So lets see Yesterday we went to visit Celestial Seasoning Tea Factory. We learned so much! It was amazing! Here's a couple snap shots :)
YAY! I was so excited!! I love tea lol
This was right at the beginning of the parking lot. It's the sleepy time tea bear! They also had tea pot mile markers Soooooo Cute!
Their Tea shop! My god did they have every tea you could ever think of!
Tour Center. This is the sleepy bear! he sleeps all day in the tour center.
We got to wear these Fashionable Hair nets! ;) Ooooh Yeahhhhh!
Behind us is where they mix the teas they have them in big barrels and they stick them together and then shake them so the tea's mix.
These were Our tour tickets and Our sampling cups :)
So this dress was made entirely of tea packages lol including the shoes, hat and purse!
This is The Actual Sewing machine they used to make the Muslin tea bags!! So cool!!
We were not allowed to take Pictures in the factory but It was pretty amazing.
It started off with us watching a 10min Video about how they got started. And guess what... They didn't even start out with Tea it was just herbs they found around the mountain area's in Boulder, CO.
We then got to see were they milled the herbs that day they were milling Lemongrass from Guatemala and WOW it smelled AMAZING!!!
Then we went into the tea room and learned how tea was actually made and where it comes from. White tea can only be picked one week out of the YEAR! crazy huh?! It used to be known as the The of the royals. since it was so rare and expensive. Celestial Seasonings does not have their own White tea line anymore but they do mix it in with their Green Teas (to cut the bitterness that green tea can sometimes have).
Green Tea is High in antioxidants and they sell Lots of it.
Black Tea was pretty interesting to learn about. They take the tea leaves and Roll them so they can oxidize It is the highest caffeinated from the teas. (my favorites!)
We also learned how they clean the tea, decaffeinate it and why some tea's are kept in separate rooms.
OOOooh The Mint Room. Now that's a room you want to go in to if your congested lol It will Definitely Open up your sinuses. It had to be my Favorite room! <3
Then we got to see how they package the tea, close the boxes, and box them up for shipping. They ship internationally.
The only Celestial Seasonings Factory is in Boulder, CO. So every box of Celestial Seasonings you ever get Came from Boulder, CO. :)
They have some tea's in their Shop that they don't sell in stores for instance my new Favorite!
It has almost as much caffeine then double shot! It is my new Morning cup of Tea! It actually worked out great as an accidental Pre-Workout drink lol
Here is our Celestial Seasonings Tea haul! :)
- Tension Tamer (we learned that it has Catnip in it!! Go figure! Catnip makes cat's Crazy Excited and Makes People Calm and Relaxed) Eleuthero, peppermint, cinnamon, ginger, chamomile, West Indian lemongrass, licorice, catnip, tilia flowers, natural lemon flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), hops and Vitamins B6 and B12. It is Naturally decaffeinated, Gluten Free, and Kosher.
- Antioxidant Max Green Tea, these teas contain powerful flavonoid antioxidants that can help reduce the cell-damaging effects of free radicals in your body. Green tea, natural blood orange and star fruit flavors, Rebiana (sweetener from stevia, contains soy lecithin), green tea extract, ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and star fruit. Contains Caffeine, Gluten Free, and Kosher.
- Sweet Harvest Pumpkin (Star's Fav so far) their holiday creation combines smooth black tea with real pumpkin flavor and a hint of natural sweetness. Black Tea, Cinnamon, Ginger, Roasted Chicory, Natural Pumpkin Flavor With Other Natural Flavors (Soy Lecithin), Luo Han Guo, Cloves, Nutmeg, Natural Sweetener (Stevia Extract) and Pumpkin. Contains Caffeine Gluten Free, and Kosher.
- Fast Lane (my Fave!!) Black tea, cinnamon, eleuthero, licorice, natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), caffeine, cola and nutmeg. Contains Caffeine, Gluten Free, and Kosher.
- African Orange Mango Red Tea (discontinued) F.y.i. Red Tea is a Bush not a tea at all.
- Cranberry Apple Zinger (another of my faves!) Made this one into an Iced Tea... Yum! Hibiscus, cinnamon, roasted chicory, natural flavors of apples, yumberries and cranberries with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), chamomile, blackberry leaves, cranberries and apples. Naturally Caffeinated, Gluten Free, and Kosher.
- Chamomile (Both our Faves!) This product contains all-natural herbs and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives. Chamomile. Naturally Caffeinated, Gluten Free, and Kosher.
- Wild Berry Zinger Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, blackberry leaves, natural flavors of black raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, red raspberries, cranberries and cherries with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin) and citric acid. Naturally Caffeinated, Gluten Free, and Kosher.
- Honey Vanilla Chamomile. (Tour Ticket!) Chamomile, orange peel, natural honey flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), licorice, roasted chicory and West Indian lemongrass. Naturally Caffeinated, Gluten Free, and Kosher.
It Was a Great Trip I will Never forget and if your ever up In Colorado and Love you some Tea, I recommend you hit up Celestial Seasonings In Boulder Colorado! :)
Sweet Sleep Amores, Till Next time.